Friday, October 12, 2007

Where Did These Books Come From and When Did Knitting Take Over My Life?





These are my latest finds. I am SO triumphant over the Barbara Walker book---sorry old lady who was also looking at the knitting books, this is MINE! I am lerving also the Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and Folk Bags. Which is odd, since I'm not a bag person.


I officially counted my knitting books, and had a picture, which was crappy. I have 34 books, which are the following
Kaffe's Classics
The Handknitters Design Book
Hip Knits
Vogue Knitting
Celtic Knits
A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns
Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
Hollywood Knits
Hip to Knit
More Sensational Knitted Socks
New Directions in Knitting
The Knitting Experience: the Knit Stitch
Knitovation
Folk Bags
Vogue Stitchionary: Cables
The Complete Book of Traditional Fair Isle Knitting
The Knitters Handy Book of Sweater Patterns
Teach Yourself Visually Knitting
The Complete Book of Traditional Knitting
Knitting in Plain English
Chicks with Sticks (It's a Purl Thing)
Getting Started Knitting Socks
The Yarn Girl's Guide to Beyond the Basics
Classic Knits (Knight)
The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Mary Thomas's Knitting Book
The Knitting Sutra
KnitLit Two
The Knitting Directory
Compassionate Knitting
Mindful Knitting
Knitting Heaven and Earth
Step-by-Step Spinning & Dyeing
I also have four Vogue Knitting magazines, including two older issues with FUGLY patterns, three Interweave Knits, 3 Knitter's, and a stack of old and UGLY leaflets, oh, and a magazine called Knitting Elegance with some truly ugly patterns by Amy Blatt.
My queue at Ravelry is bursting. After this post is finished, I'm updating my Limenviolet profile at Chorewars. I have 1/2 Jaywalker on the needles that needs only the toe finished, and a plain vanilla sock that needs its heel turned. I found my lost size 2 DPNs.
I know that I will be getting at least two more books for my birthday. There's birthday money burning a hole in my pocket right now.
When did knitting take over my life?
PS. I want to learn to crochet, too.



2 comments:

Melsbells said...

ooh, you'll like crocheting. Try a Klutz book to learn how, they have the easiest patterns and the best directions. Nice collection! This is why we have ravelry: to stay organized and to collaborate so our projects turn out even better!

Diane said...

Hi Babs! Love your knitting book collection. Just wanted to let you know that I finally got my lazy ass to the post office and mailed off your contest prize. I also wrote you a nice note .... it's sitting on my kitchen table because I forgot to throw it in the package with the yarn and other stuff. In my next life I'm coming back as a more organized person.