Thursday, February 28, 2008

Marr Haven and Tags

So, I come back to my blog and what do I find? I've been tagged by two different people for 7 random facts. Truthfully, I should be posting the rules, but



1. I'm lazy



2. I don't know 7 people that I could tag without feeling weird



3. See 1.





OK, a quick 7 facts about me, then back to your regularly scheduled blog post.



1. I like tragic plays, paticularly tragic Greek plays, but I hate Romeo and Juliet with a passion. It's just stupid the way that it ends, and my most-hated line is when someone tells Juliet when she's a little (young) girl and she bumps her head that she will fall 'on her back' when she has more wit. Yup, let's give it up for oh-so-funny and sexist advice given to a 4 year old.



2. I have lived in WV for most of my life, but I was born in Buffalo, NY.



3. I hate flat places, they make me queasy



4. When I was six years old, I wanted to be a ballerina (?) I don't know why.



5. I had surgery when I was very very young to remove a harmless blob of tissue from my neck, and I still have a scar there.



6. I write poetry, but I frequently mock other poets, because I am evil. Yes, I was the person who was rolling on the floor, giggling, at the last writers group meeting that you went to. No, I can't help it.



7. I am a night owl, and this started when I began to read and I stayed up until 1 or 2 in the morning to finish Bobbsey Twin mysteries or Hardy Boys.





OK, Marr Haven yarn. I have a very bad habit of really wanting a yarn, and drooling over it, and then when I go to my LYS, I spend money on yarn I can buy there, because I'm so impatient that ordering online is annoying for me---and this is for yarn that I can't get at my LYS. If I could, I would. So when I kept drooling over their naturally colored merino wool, I finally buckled down and order 2 skeins. 420 yards of squishy goodness is on its way through the mail.

I have much, much more to tell you about yarn and serendipity and another yarn store, but I'm very tired right now, so you'll just have to wait.

No comments: