Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Broke Knitter Dilemma

I shouldn't start whining about how broke I am, especially since I know there are people who can't even afford a $3 skein of acrylic, but I'm going to whine anyway, because I am evil. Ha. Anyway, so I wasted my inheritance and now I have 420 yards of worsted weight yarn that I don't know what to make with. (This is naturally undyed merino from Marr Haven, btw)

I don't want to make a boring hat with it. I don't want to knit a scarf with it. Or handwarmers or mittens. What I really want to do is knit a sweater with it, some simple mindless stockinette, OR, some intricate cabled affair. Here's the problem, I'm not a midget, and 420 yards, less a few swatches, isn't going to make a sweater. I am also broke, so unless I wait and save, 4-5 more skeins of yarn isn't going to arrive on my doorstep.

So, I am pleading you, my readership, to give me ideas and suggestions. Anything!

2 comments:

Sarah Katie said...

well, instead of making a whole sweater you could make a short cardigan with 3/4 length sleeves. that would take less yarn than knitting a whole sweater.

AJ said...

Why don't you post in the RAK group on Ravelry? They make wishes and dreams come true, remember?