Saturday, August 4, 2007

Horrid Luck

I am a hideously unlucky person.

Before I thought about knitting, I could find knitting anywhere. I must have seen Vogue Knitting hundreds of times in various Goodwills and thrift stores. Now that I want the beast book, I can’t lay my hands on it to save my life. Of course, I could just pay for a new copy, but it’s the principle of the thing that irritates me.

If you like cross-stitch and have lots of money, I can find you millions dozens of books on cross-stitch, and I will mail them to you for the cost of the books, plus the cost of the shipping, plus enough money to make me fabulously wealthy. Unfortunately, anyone who would make such an offer would probably find that my horrible luck will continue to hold.

And the cross-stitching books will quietly sneak away…

No comments: