Saturday, August 4, 2007

Project K-n-i-t-t-i-n-g

I am charging into this knitting project without knowing how to purl, increase, decrease, or even how to read those cryptic abbreviations used in patterns. A $10 journal from Barnes & Noble and this blog will record my journey.

Pattern: Mademoiselle Jacket

Designer: Erika Knight (Classic Knits: Fifteen Timeless Designs to Knit and Keep Forever)

Yarn: Rowan RYC Natural Silk Aran

This is my first sweater and my first major project. The only thing that I ever completed was a shawl in soft, fuzzy cranberry yarn. I’m going to use bamboo needles. I’m returning the aluminum needles that I bought from Walmart. I just need 7 size needles and the yarn. At $8 a pop from a seller in the UK, it’s not cheap.

I’m depending on the fact that I can take this one stitch at a time to carry me through. I’ve never even freaking purled yet. I am stupid for imagining that I can make this. I cannot wait to get that lucious yarn on those needles!

No comments: