Thursday, September 20, 2007

Damn, Damn, Damn.

There ends the nasty language.

But ----!

Today in the mail, I have received the most absolutely beautiful yarn I have ever beheld in my entire knitting life which hasn't been long, but oh my yarn. Rich mulberry mingled with dark ash tones that lighten to a faintly orange brown and---words fail me. The yarn itself is delightfully squishy, even more so than my Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, probably because this is merino.

There's just a slight technicality.

This is sport merino.

A few weeks ago, I ordered one of the last of one of
Sundara‘s yarns. Wonky link again.

It was in the Sweet Brier colorway, and, again, let me say that this is so beautiful I can hardly speak.

Why no picture?

Well, see, I ordered sock yarn. Sock, sock, sock.

I knew that such beautiful yarn couldn't be in stock. That, or her new shipping facility mixed things up, and some evil women somewhere is cackling, and clutching my sock yarn!!!

Anyway, I am desperately hoping that this is a mix-up. This stuff is so good, that I almost wouldn't care, but you can't make socks out of 225 yards of sport weight. Not me sized socks, anyway, and I have small feet!

Pray for me, chant, rub beads, whatever.

4 comments:

Bevin said...

I will totally utlize my rainstick for you.

There's a lady in my knitting group named Babs. She is not a teenager, though she totally is wild and crazy like one.

Genuine-Lye said...

Thanks for the rainstick. Sounds good. And if you called me Babs in real life, I would punch you in the mouth, but that is only because Babs is a kind of sort've non-de-plume, because creepy people are on the internet, and anyway, I wouldn't actually, because you are now offically my Rainstick Lady, and I love you.

Can you tell that I am not feeling well right now?

Knothead said...

Hey, I saw where you said your a teenage on knittersreview. Thats pretty cool, I really dont know of any other teenage knitting blogs. I read where you were learning to purl, and it made me laugh, because I taught myself out of books, and not knowing that I am a continental knitter, I tried to learn continental purling with english style pictures. hahaha. well, keep up the good work, liked the hedgerow socks.

Knothead said...

yeah, im knothead03 in Ravelry. I had to wait about three months, but it is worth the wait. I checked on Ravelry and there arent any groups for teen knitters that I could find.