Monday, September 24, 2007

Yarn Deprivation

Save me from myself.

Today I mailed away the only yarn that I could make anything with; the Sundara sport that was supposed to be sock. Yarn is coming, I tell myself. I just won a contest and yarn is coming. You don't like acrylic. Yarn is coming.

I seriously think that I am about to go a little nuts.

I have nothing to knit with. Yesterday, at Crafts 2000, I was fondling LionBrand Cotton-Ease like it was Mongolian cashmere. The only non-synthetic thing there besides scratchy kinds of wool, was some bamboo stuff that was very, very silky and cute. I bought the 25th Anniversary issue of Vogue Knitting, and told myself that I could wait.

Confession: I do have something to knit. My older sister, couple months ago, stole some baby blue acrylic stuff with a silver thread running through it and started a garter stitch scarf. Fine, whatever. Didn't finish it. It's very soft, despite the fact that it will be totally suffocating to wear (I've tested) and I've been knitting that with a single minded crazedness.

Oh, and a leftover ball of my Lorna's Laces sock.

Knitting can be dangerous. Where's the clinic for knitters in withdrawal?

My consolation?

You signed up on July 16, 2007
You are #17194 on the list.
233 people are ahead of you in line.
18173 people are behind you in line.
47% of the list has been invited so far

If you don't know what that means, never mind.

1 comment:

Knothead said...

Ahh not long for Ravelry!!! Maybe just a week? what will your username be on there? OH, and by the way ravelry only made me want to buy more yarn, and I am not even the stashing type! hahaha.