Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Socktoberfest

I have always had a weakness for October. Possibly because my birthday is in October, but it's also the weather. The intense blue of the sky, the maple trees across the street that turn glorious reds and oranges. The sharp, gusty winds---we really get some wind through my neighborhood; perhaps because it's coming off the hills into the valley.

When I spotted an October sock knit-along, I zoomed in for a look. Hmmmm. Hmmm.
Socktoberfest starts October 1st, although you can start your socks before then, and was started by the well-known Lolly, of Lolly Knits Around. Check out the blog
Here.

Apologies for wonky links.

I just may join, although I am wavering slightly. Gotta think about it.

However, I did not hesistate one second when I found this group,
Outlaw Knitters . You know (at least, if you are me, you know) that you're in good company when the blog tagline is, "If You Don't Knit, You Ain't Sh*t".

Check out the fabulous pic at the top, designed by the Mrs. H, aka The Outlaw Jenny Purl's daughter, Sarah. I immeaditely decided that this has to be put on a bag, or something. By someone cleverer than me. Sarah is still tweaking the design slightly.

In other news, a
Pirate Themed Contest at Gallant Duck‘s Blog is happening. Check out the hilarious comments. All you have to do is leave a comment in piratese, between now and the 19th, and she'll announce the winner on the 21st. This is because International Talk Like a Pirate Day is tomorrow. Start practicing those gutteral growls and polish the grog mug. Don't be left out on this acclaimed holiday!

Busy, busy, busy on the knitting news front!

No comments: