Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Finished Sock/ Wave-Lengths/ September 11th was a Beautiful Day

Before you lynch me for saying the September was a lovely day, understand that I speak in an absolutely literal sense. The sky was a intense, fall blue. The breeze was just slightly icy, and chimes filled the air. It was perfect. Even after I heard the news, what was imprinted most deeply on my mind, was a plane crashing into the first tower, over and over and over again on television. And how it happened on such an impossibly beautiful day.

And I finished my sock. The batteries on my camera are shot, so, no pictures. Sorry, I will very soon. And I found out something really, really weird.

Eunny Jang and I are on some kind of similar wave-length. First, I saw some cute gloves on a blog, and remembered the name. {Endpaper Mitts} OK, so I google it, find her blog. Oooh, and look at these {Anemoi_Mittens} .

And then I found out that the Tangled Yoke Cardi in the Interweave Knits mag was also designed by her. Freaky-weird, 'cause that's what I wanted to make from it, along with the Ann Budd socks.

Weird. Weird. My brain is shot today.

1 comment:

Melsbells said...

ok, I saw those patterns and they look IMPOSSIBLE. All of that intarsia would make my brain start leaking out of my ears. Fortunately, I can suffice with cheaper materials (red heart super saver, $2.50) and MUCH easier patterns.