Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sell-Trade-Swap Ravelry Invitation...Maybe?


I am caught between a rock and a very, very hot knitting community right now.


I signed up on the waiting list for Ravelry in July. I had quite a few people ahead of me. I received my invitation last night.
On one hand, I want to sign up as fast as my tiny brain can settle on a decent moniker. I'm Sweet_Liar on Knittersreview and on Limenviolet, but Ravelry seems to call for something new and subversive...dangerous.
On the other hand, I am usually in a state of perpetual broke-ness, and the wanting of the pretty sock yarns. The wanting of the soft Mongolian cashmere. Anyway, so my yarn deprived brain hatched a scheme that only mine could.
Sell it.
Ummm...sell an invitation?
I even went so far as to see if I could email the invitation to on of my other email addresses. Yup. So, I could email it to someone, though there'd probably have to be some fiddling around to swap everything over to their email, so that I wouldn't get their ravelry related messages; I'm not sure.
So, I decided to turn it over to the bloggers. Should I sell, trade, swap or whatever my Ravelry 'invite', or should I just turn my tiny mind to settling on a nickname?
This should be interesting.


No comments: